Safety. Efficiency. Education.
The primary objective of the CAAA is to promote safety and education amongst its participating members. The CAAA works with federal and provincial government agencies to design policies that are fair and equitable and, above all, that protect both rural customers and urban dwellers. The CAAA advises regulatory agencies on matters pertaining to the safe and efficient aerial application of pesticides and other crop inputs.
Transport Canada Program Validation Inspection
Prior to Transport Canada announcing your next PVI, Members are encouraged to:
- Read document SUR 004, CAR 702 & 706
- Do an internal audit, which should be part of your Quality Assurance Program (CAR 706.07)
- Verify your Operating Certificate, to see if it reflects your actual operation (CAR 702.07)
- Review your manuals for compliance (CAR 702.82, 706.08)
- Check if your maintenance schedules are current (CAR 706.07 and CAR 605.86) and
- Make sure all of your paperwork is in order.
In addition, consult with your inspector about holding your audit outside the application season so it does not provide a safety issue and allows you time during the off season to comply with any findings in a timely manner. The more you prepare for this, the easier it will be!
For more information, please refer to:
- Sample Maintenance, Operations & SMS Manuals
- CAIR Safety Seminar Videos
- Online Training
- Nomination Forms for Scholarships & Awards
- Educational Presentations
- PMRA, Transport Canada & Transportation of Dangerous Goods Guidelines & Documents
- Financial Statements
- AGM Minutes
- And more!